Downloading the App
To download the Netreo app for your mobile device, visit the Apple or Google Play stores and search for “Netreo.”
Connecting the App to Netreo
Once the app has been installed on your mobile device, it needs to be connected to Netreo. Follow these steps to get connected:
- Log in to Netreo.
- Ensure that the Netreo Mobile option is switched on in the Netreo Cloud Services Dashboard (Administration > System > Cloud Services) and select the lowest level of user permissions that will be allowed to receive mobile notifications. (If you are not a Netreo administrator, ask an administrator to set this for you.)
- Optionally, also switch on the Cloud Services option to receive alert notifications from Netreo if it loses its connection to the internet. (This option is not required for the app to work, but is very useful.)
- Users of version 11 and higher should also switch on the Netreo Mobile Live Data option to receive live, realtime data on device statuses.
- Open the user menu by clicking on the user icon in the quick-access icon group on the right side of the menu bar. Select “Mobile App Login” to open the connection page and display your mobile login QR code.
- This code is unique to your user ID and will identify your specific mobile device to Netreo. (For security purposes, this code is only valid for a short time.)
- Now start the app and touch the login button.
- Although Netreo user accounts don’t require an email address, you will need to provide one when first logging in to the mobile app.
- Scan the QR code. Netreo will automatically complete the connection procedure for you and connect your mobile device with your Netreo web user account. (You should only need to do this once. However, if you don’t use the app again for an extended period, it may ask you to reconnect it to Netreo.)
You are then presented with the Netreo mobile homepage. You may begin viewing your devices and exploring the app. Your mobile device will now automatically start receiving alert notifications from your Netreo appliance.