Interfaces on managed devices in Netreo can be tagged for use in reports and interface monitoring. To add, remove or create new tags for interfaces on a device follow the procedure below.
- Navigate to the device dashboard of the device for which you would like to manage interface tags. (You can do this by clicking a device’s name almost anywhere in Netreo.)
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner to switch to the administrative view.
- Select the “Instances” tab.
- Click the “Network” panel to expand its display. The list of currently active network interfaces is shown. Only active interfaces may have their tags managed. Any tags currently assigned to an interface show up in its TAG(S) column.
- Quick Tip: Clicking the X in the ZOOM column will automatically add the “Dashboard Zoom” tag without any further action required.
- Likewise, clicking the checkmark will remove the “Dashboard Zoom” tag without any further action required.
- Click the edit icon in the TAG(S) column header to open the device’s Interface Tags Administration page.
- In the first panel, select the interfaces that you want to manage tags for by clicking the checkbox next to the interface name.
- The second panel is made up of four sub-panels that allow you to manage the tags for the selected interfaces:
- Current tag(s):
This panel shows the tags that are currently applied to the selected interfaces. Click the x next to a tag to place it in the “Tag(s) to remove:” panel (see below).
- Tag(s) to add:
This panel shows the tags that will be applied to the selected interfaces. Begin typing to see a list of existing tags that match. If a matching tag exists, select the tag and press enter to add it to this panel. If a tag doesn’t already exist, it will be created.
- Tag(s) to remove:
This panel shows the tags that will be removed from the selected interfaces. Populate this panel from the “Current Tag(s):” panel (see above).
- Available tag(s):
This panel shows the tags that have already been created in Netreo. Click a tag to add it to the “Tag(s) to add:” panel (see above).
- Current tag(s):
- Once you’ve set up what tags to add/remove, click Apply Changes. You’ll see the changes reflected in the TAG(S) column of the selected interfaces in the top panel.
- You can continue to manage tags or, if you’re finished, you can return to the device dashboard by clicking the dashboard icon in the top right of the page or simply navigate away to another page.