Netreo ships with a built-in self-signed certificate for use with SSL/TLS in order to make secure communications with Netreo simple.
The SHA-256 fingerprint for the built-in certificate is:
If you wish to use a fully-signed certificate with Netreo, you can do so by following the the article How to Install Your Own SSL Certificate, or by contacting Netreo Support using the steps below.
The steps are as follows:
- Determine the FQDN you are using to access Netreo in your environment.
- Send that information to your Netreo support engineer with your request for a certificate, by opening a trouble ticket.
- Your support engineer will send you a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- Contact any certificate authority and send them your CSR. They will validate your account (usually by email) and then send you a Certificate file (CRT). They may also include a CA Certificate Chain or “bundle” certificate. Note: Most Certificate Authorities charge for this service.
- Send both the CRT and any included bundle or chain files to your support engineer, who will then install them on your Netreo appliance.