To change the type/subtype assigned to a specific device managed in OmniCenter:
- Navigate to the Device Dashboard for the device you wish to change.
- From the device menus, select Edit → Main to open the “Main” device administration page.
- Click the edit icon next to the DEVICE/SUBTYPE field.
- In the dialog that follows:
- In the PRIMARY TYPE field, select the device type to apply to this device.
- In the SECONDARY TYPE(S) field, select the subtypes to apply to this device (multiple subtypes may be selected) or leave as “None.”
- Click the Update Types button.
A message will appear indicating that an immediate repoll of the device has been scheduled. The new type/subtypes are applied immediately and no further action is required on your part. If desired, you can navigate back to the “Main” device administration page to confirm the change.