To change the type/subtype assigned to a specific device managed in OmniCenter:
- Navigate to the Device Dashboard for the device you wish to change by clicking its name anywhere in OmniCenter (if you know the device name, you can search for it using the search at the top of the page).
- On the Device Dashboard of the device, click the gear icon to the right of the navigation tabs to switch to device administration.
- On the “Main” tab, in the “Details” section, click Show Advanced Options.
- Click the edit icon next to the DEVICE/SUBTYPE field.
- On the page that follows:
- In the Primary Type field, select the device type to apply to this device.
- In the Secondary Type(s) field, select the subtypes to apply to this device (multiple subtypes may be selected) or leave as “None.”
- Click the Update button.
A message will appear indicating that an immediate repoll of the device has been scheduled.
The new type/subtypes are applied immediately and no further action is required on your part. If desired, you can navigate back to the “Main” device administration page to confirm the change.