Netreo recommends disabling devices rather than deleting them. Disabling a device stops it from being polled for availability and performance data, as well as freeing up the license space currently used by that device. Additionally, disabling a device retains it’s entire history of collected data, as well as any settings that have been applied to that device—making reactivation simple. Deleting a device removes it from OmniCenter completely, along with all of its performance history and settings.
Delete a Single Device
To permanently delete an individual device from OmniCenter along with all of its collected data:
- Navigate to the Device Dashboard of the device you wish to delete.
- This can be accomplished by clicking the name of the device in almost any dashboard. Or, if you know the name of the device, you can search for it using the search icon on the right-side of the main menu.
- On the Device Dashboard, click the gear icon to the right of the navigation tabs to open the Device Administration Dashboard.
- On the “Main” tab, in the “Details” section, click Show Advanced Options.
- Now find the DISABLE DELETION field and switch it the to the “OFF” position.
- Click Apply Changes at the bottom of the page.
- The Delete Device button now appears next to the Apply Changes button.
- Click Delete Device.
- When asked to confirm, click Yes. The device (and all stored history for it) is removed from OmniCenter permanently.
Delete Multiple Devices
If you are a superadmin user, you can delete multiple devices at the same time, regardless of the position of the DISABLE DELETION switch of any device. To do so; from the main menu, select Administration → Delete Devices to open the Mass Device Deletion page.
- From the Mass Device Deletion page:
- Select a grouping filter.
- Select a member of that group.
- Select one or more devices to delete. (Shift-click or control-click to select multiple devices.)
- Click Delete Selected Devices.
- When asked to confirm, click Yes. The devices (and all stored history for them) are removed from OmniCenter permanently.