Once you’ve received your email containing your pin, evaluation license and deployment link, you’re ready to deploy OmniCenter into your virtual environment.
If you are using the HC3 virtualization platform, OmniCenter is supplied as a preconfigured zip file.
Scale HC3 can only import virtual machines that are already in the HC3 format. So, some additional work will be required before deploying OmniCenter.
- Create and/or specify an SMB share that the HC3 cluster has read/write permissions to access.
- Download the OmniCenter_VA-scale.zip file to the SMB share above.
- Unzip the contents of the downloaded file in place. (You can now delete the zip file if you like.)
Now that the necessary OmniCenter files are accessible to HC3, you can import the OmniCenter virtual machine.
In the HC3 web interface:
- Click the Import VM icon.
- In the dialog that appears:
- When the virtual machine is finished importing:
If you would like to change the IP address of the OmniCenter VM before running the setup wizard, see How to Change the Default IP Address of OmniCenter Through the VM Console.
Otherwise, start the VM and run the OmniCenter setup wizard.