This procedure is for internet connected OmniCenters, not for the offline update process. For offline updates, please contact a Netreo support engineer for assistance.
Incremental software updates are continuously available for OmniCenter. See the Update History and Release Notes page for information on the latest release. Only users with SuperAdmin privileges may perform software updates.
To update OmniCenter to the latest minor version or maintenance release follow the steps below.
- When an update is available, the update icon will appear in the quick-access icon group in the top right of the OmniCenter UI.
- Click the update icon and then click the Upgrade Now button to open the OmniCenter Update page. Alternatively, you could click the Release Notes button to open the knowledge base and read the release notes before updating.
- The OmniCenter Update page can also be opened by navigating to Administration → System → Updates from the main menu.
- When the OmniCenter Update page opens, OmniCenter will check with the Netreo update servers to determine if a newer version is available.
- A message will be displayed showing you what version of OmniCenter you are currently on, the new version available and asking if you would like to update now.
- Click the Yes button to begin the update process.
- Note that software updates can take a few minutes. Please be patient during this process. If you would prefer to update later, you can navigate away from the update page at any time before committing to the update.
- Once OmniCenter is finished updating, a message will be displayed indicating a successful update.
- You’re finished.
OmniCenter can be configured to automatically update itself to the latest maintenance release, if desired. See How to Turn On Automatic Updates for OmniCenter.
With automatic updates turned on, you will only have to take action to install major and minor version releases.