Release Date: Aug. 12, 2019
OmniCenter maintenance release 12.0.5 is now available with the following changes:
- Added a VPN tunnel status indicator for the mobile live data tunnel to the Cloud Services administration page.
- Added optional email alias configuration for Microsoft Office 365 to Mail Setup page.
- Added IP address validation to the Quick Add manual device addition process.
- All APIs that return a dataset based on a query now provide proper feedback when no matching dataset is found.
- Edits to service checks and now captured in the OmniCenter audit log.
- Fixed a bug where scheduled reports were not using the system preferences field EMAIL SOURCE ADDRESS FOR REPORTS when emailing reports.
- Fixed a bug where data entered into the Device Note field of device administration would not display newlines properly, but instead displayed the newline code.
- Fixed a bug in device addition that caused OmniCenter to throw an unnecessary “Error updating SNMP settings” warning when adding an SNMPv3 device manually (although devices were properly added).
- Fixed a bug in the Device Management API where adding a device using the API would fail to add included device attribute and reference contact data to the device.
- Fixed a bug where site dashboards fail to summarize devices by category according to the “Maximum number of devices per site before summarizing by category” field set in a site’s administration page.
- Fixed a bug in log collection that prevented event logs from being collected from Microsoft Hyper-V host devices.
- Fixed a bug that caused OmniCenter to throw a 404 error when trying to create a new device subtype.
- Fixed a bug in the service check edit page where special characters entered in the description field would cause the page to fail when saving the check.
- Fixed a bug where multiple SNMP trap action methods configured in an action group that used the same community string, but different IP addresses for each method, would only send the trap to the IP address in the first method.
- Fixed a bug that caused the aggregate time in state trend line in graphs to be inaccurate under certain circumstances.
- Fixed the link URLs for manual licensing in the startup wizard and on the OmniCenter License Information page to point to the correct destination.
- The device import sample CSV that can be downloaded from OmniCenter now includes the complete set of headings for available device import settings.
- Devices with no credentials set for them no longer show the Looking Glass menu entry in the device dashboard for that device.
- Fixed a bug that caused the interface count on the Traffic Exporters page to be zero for all exporters.
- Fixed a bug that caused the console history page to throw a 404 error when viewed.
- Fixed a bug where editing a strategic group would throw an authentication error.
- Fixed a bug that could cause IPFIX flow data to show a negative duration under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused components of NetFlow monitoring to crash due to unexpected field lengths.
- Fixed a bug that caused OmniCenter high availability deployments to not synchronize the database encryption key.
- Fixed a bug that was causing IPFIX source and destination ports to be recorded as 0 in the OmniCenter database.
- Fixed a bug where a device template applied directly to a device would still apply its settings even after device template usage was turned off for that device.
Customers are able to update their systems by using the Administration → System → Updates main menu item, or by request to Netreo Support. Please contact Netreo Support if you would like your OmniCenter server updated or if you have any questions about this release.