Release Date: Oct. 2, 2019
OmniCenter maintenance release 12.1.2 is now available with the following changes:
- Fixed a zero-day vulnerability identified by Illumant, LLC.
- Fixed a bug that caused the poller for the Microsoft Azure Instance device type to crash when updating the internal database.
- Fixed a bug in the SNMP Trap action method to include the host name in the trap and added more SNMP trap codes for acknowledgement.
- Increased timeout time for BGP pollers to prevent pollers from timing out prematurely.
- Fixed a bug that caused an internal server error when clicking on the external graph icon for Multicast or Unicast statistics in the Performance tab of the device dashboard.
- Fixed a bug in the PDF conversion of Top Talkers reports where the trend line was not being displayed.
- Fixed a bug where a “403 you are not allowed to perform this action” error was being displayed if a user in a user partition attempted to view any dashboard from the Quick Views menu item.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the device type icon at the top of the OID editing page when editing singleton pollers (to return to the device type editing page) would cause a 404 error.
- Fixed a bug where submitting the form to add a WMI service check to a device would result in a 404 error.
- Fixed a bug that caused switching the DISABLE DELETION switch in the Details panel of the device administration dashboard to queue the device for a repoll.
- Fixed a bug in the Services tab of the device dashboard where the SERVICES LIST panel would fail to properly display the names of some services under certain conditions.
- Fixed a package dependency that would cause the update script in OmniCenter 12.1.0 and higher to fail to run.
- Fixed a bug that prevented features from being toggled on or off on the Feature Toggle page.
- Fixed a bug in the Host Information panel of the device dashboard where clicking the “Edit” link for a business workflow would return a “Not Found (#404) Page not found” error.
- Fixed a bug that caused the calculation of latency for host availability checks to be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that caused a “OmniCenter Error 404 – Document Not Found” error when clicking the edit button for a site from an OmniCenter global search results page.
- Fixed a bug preventing service engine setup due to service engine license not being recognized as valid.
- Fixed a bug where 2 different devices monitored by the same service engine would display identical statistics if they were both opened in different tabs of the same browser at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where VeloCloud devices added to OmniCenter were having the wrong device name inserted into the OmniCenter audit log.
- Fixed a bug in virtualization monitoring where the IP/name of a virtual resource could not be changed if the FORCE SYNCHRONIZATION WITH VIRTUALIZATION MANAGEMENT CONSOLE switch in Virtualization Administration (Administration → Modules → Virtualization) was turned on.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the addition of threshold checks to devices for used/free disk space.
- Interfaces with no check now display “N/A” as their status on the device dashboard, rather than “MUTE.”
- Fixed a bug where devices exporting NetFlow data would not be recognized as licensed exporters under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug where switching the “Unscaled” option of a poller to ON was not being respected in the individual graph display pages.
- Added missing “select all” check box to the device selection dialog for assigning devices to strategic groups.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the login screen custom message from displaying line breaks.
- Changed language used in Incident Report creation to more clearly specify which incidents will be included in the report.
- Fixed overlap of display elements on System Backups page if value in UPLOAD LOCATION exceeds 64 characters in length.
- Fixed a bug that would allow navigation of the OmniCenter UI without a valid license under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the display of the Overview tab of the device dashboard to be incorrectly formatted for VeloCloud Edge devices that were initially discovered via subnet scan and assigned a device type of “Other,” then subsequently assigned the the “VeloCloud VCE” device type.
- Fixed a bug where an interface being polled by a service engine that had a bandwidth override speed applied and subsequently removed would not recover the correct interface speed after being repolled.
- Fixed a bug in the Main tab of the device administration dashboard that caused the category and site drop-downs in the Details panel to fail to be listed in alphanumerical order.
- Fixed a bug that was causing 1-minute polling to fail to be activated for interfaces with speeds of 1 GB or greater.
- Fixed a bug in the display of the Audit Log page that caused the DEVICE column name to be incorrectly formatted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Create Rule dialog to fail to display properly when creating a new incident management rule.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Alarms macro to insert special characters into the internal alarms database table, causing OmniCenter’s incident manager to crash.
- Internal databases updated to accommodate support for new Tomcat poller.
- Fixed a bug that caused addition of IPv6 devices to fail when using Manual Add.
- OmniCenter search now returns results for device tags.
- Service engine administration now displays the following additional information:
- OmniCenter version for the service engine.
- Number of traffic flows being received.
- Number of logs being received.
- Latency of host availability checks.
- Polling queue.
- Device Templates Administration page now has a button linking directly to the Functional Groups Template Order page.
- All changes to category and site device groups are now captured in the OmniCenter audit log.
- Users in user partitions may now view the WebART performance dashboard and see applications in the Web & Email dashboard widget.
- The Overview tab of the device dashboards for VeloCloud Edge devices now include the description for that device from the VeloCloud API. It can be found in the Note field of the HOST INFORMATION panel.
- The debugging tools in the device administration dashboard now work with devices monitored by an OmniCenter service engine.
- Improved formatting of tables in notification logs when exported to PDF.
- Support for device polling via IPv6.
Customers are able to update their systems by navigating to Administration → System → Updates, or by request to Netreo Support. Please contact Netreo Support if you would like your OmniCenter server updated or if you have any questions about this release.