Release Date: Nov. 1, 2019
OmniCenter maintenance release 12.1.4 is now available with the following changes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented custom poller scripts on device subtypes from running automatically.
- Fixed a bug that could cause custom report generation to crash under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused bandwidth volume statistics to be returned in bits instead of bytes.
- Fixed a bug in the Device Management dashboard where disabled devices were being shown in the Devices Under Management table.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing VeloCloud Edge devices to be added to OmniCenter when they were not activated in the VeloCloud Orchestrator causing immediate host down alarms.
- Fixed a bug in Top Talkers report where only errors and bandwidth were available as variables to report on for F5 devices. All correct variables are now available.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing python pollers from working properly due to superfluous data in JSON outputs.
- Fixed a bug that caused incidents to fail to update their status if the Incident Publishing feature was active in OmniCenter and Hadoop was in a failed state.
- Fixed a bug where devices were not being added to OmniCenter from ServiceNow CMDB if multiple filters were configured.
- Fixed a bug where incorrect CPU utilization values were being reported for AIX devices.
- Fixed incorrect spelling of OmniCenter Log Collector and OmniCenter Traffic Collector names on their respective subtypes.
- Fixed a bug in the display of device dashboards with a large number of instances where the page would take a long time to load while also preventing other browser tabs from being opened to work elsewhere in OmniCenter.
- Fixed a bug in the Top Talkers line graph option where the accompanying table was not initially sorted and was not sortable by any column.
- Fixed a bug where cloning a device template failed to clone any configuration management rules or logging rules.
- Fixed a bug in the SSH Console device tool where attempting to use the tool fails with an error message of “Unable to spawn session.”
- Fixed a bug in OmniCenter HA where discovery polls could not be initiated from the slave UI.
- Fixed a bug in parenting where CDP was not properly reporting neighbors.
- Fixed a bug in the Device Performance API where the data points being returned were for 15-minute intervals rather than the correct 5-minute intervals.
- Fixed a bug in the Percentile Report where the interface speed column was showing all zeros.
- Fixed a bug in the ServiceNow webhook action method where the Device Note incident macro was stripping newlines and tabs from the output text. Newlines and tabs now appear correctly in the output.
- Fixed a bug in threshold checks where the data was not being correctly compared to the set thresholds.
- Fixed a bug in the validation table of the Device Management dashboard where a legacy IPTelephony phantom device was being erroneously displayed.
- Fixed a bug on the site group dashboard where the Telephony tab was missing.
- Fixed a bug where navigating to the IPTEL dashboard would attempt to load the old site group dashboard.
- Fixed a bug with the device configuration push tool where the device types dropdown would not load the list of device types.
- Fixed a bug in threshold checks where the “CPU Overall Average Overall Cluster” ATA grouping was not available as an option for EMC Isilon devices.
- Fixed a bug in Service Engine Administration where clicking on the first service engine in the list would produce a 404 error.
- Fixed a bug in incident acknowledgement where the “Ack User” and the “Ack Comment” were removed from the table on the left under the incident status when an incident was closed.
- Fixed a bug in the Top Talkers report where running the report on a web application would return a database error.
- Fixed a bug in the Mass Service Deletion page where after the form is submitted, the category and site columns display index numbers instead of names.
- Fixed a bug in the search feature of the Device Management dashboard that did not allow searching by all columns.
- Fixed a bug in the Device Management dashboard Discovery table where the Virtualization entry would not be checked even if host and guest addition is turned on.
- Improved speed of report generation when including statistical data.
- Increased the timeout for connecting to devices using SSH to accommodate devices that take a little longer to connect.
- Major performance improvement for percentile reports on large numbers of instances.
- On conversation reports, the Details histogram link will only be present if the report is run for the last hour or last 2 hours options to avoid confusion, since the histogram can only display data from the previous 2 hours.
- Incident View dashboard now uses breadcrumbs for easier navigation from the Incident dashboard.
- Improvements to Dark visual theme making it easier to read system messages.
- Detailed Inventory Report now includes vendor, model, and software version.
- Added column headers to the Devices Under Management exported CSV file.
- When running a Top Talkers report using the line or stacked histogram options, the maximum number of instances in the report has been expanded to 500.
- The Interrogation table of the Device Management dashboard now uses the label “Auto-disabled” instead of “Disabled” to more clearly indicate what is being shown.
- The Validation table of the Device Management dashboard is now labeled “Not Validated” instead of “Validation” to more clearly indicate what is being shown.
- Fixed a bug in the Top Talkers report where selecting multiple variables to report on would produce a database error.
- NetFlow is now scalable across all service engines.
Customers are able to update their systems by navigating to Administration → System → Updates, or by request to Netreo Support. Please contact Netreo Support if you would like your OmniCenter server updated or if you have any questions about this release.