Release Date: Nov. 27, 2019
OmniCenter maintenance release 12.1.5 is now available with the following changes:
- Fixed a bug in in OmniCenter’s Active Directory implementation where users moved to a higher permissions group were not having their permissions updated in OmniCenter. User permissions are now updated on every user login.
- Fixed a bug in the Overview Administration pages that causes a 404 error when attempting to link to an Overview.
- Fixed bug preventing some event logs from being fetched.
- Fixed a bug in service engines that prevented some jobs from running.
- Fixed a bug that caused Windows WMI devices to stop collecting event logs after upgrading OmniCenter to version 12.1.
- Fixed a bug where notifications of incident close were not being sent to mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug with SNMP trap action methods where traps received from OmniCenter did not contain all the information they should.
- Fixed a bug in the Top Talkers report where reporting errors by tag was missing the units indicator on line graphs and stacked histograms.
- Fixed a bug in reports where trend lines continued past the stopping point for the report time frame.
- Fixed a bug in reporting where reports configured during daylight savings time were producing reports for the wrong time period.
- Fixed a bug in performance reporting where extra rows were being added below the table of results.
- Fixed a bug in the Detected Anomalies page where navigating to the page throws a database error.
- Fixed a bug preventing the addition of disk threshold checks to device templates.
- Fixed a bug where device notes could note be removed after being added to a device.
- Fixed a bug in the Device Dashboard Performance tab where Utilization by Process was listed twice in the CPU section and clicking on the panel produced an Ajax error.
- Fixed a bug in the Audit Log page where long device names would overlap user names under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug in the NOC view where clicking the icon to change business workflow settings would produce a 404 error.
- Fixed a bug where a user assigned to a user partition could not run the Top Router Bandwidth Usage, Most Errored Router Ports and Top Switch Port Usage built-in reports.
- Fixed an outdated link in the MediWiki Integration section of the OmniCenter system preferences.
- Added missing menu link to the Business Workflows Incident Report built-in report.
- Fixed a bug preventing recent Windows event logs from being collected.
- Miscellaneous fixes to drop-down selection lists that were not sorting in the correct order.
- Fixed a bug in site administration that prevented custom map links from being added or removed.
- Fixed a bug where the Config Manager dashboard widget was being restricted for users assigned to a user partition.
- Fixed a bug where the real time histogram loses device focus.
- Added ability to rename uploaded custom maps.
- New improvements to OmniCenter’s device polling performance.
Customers are able to update their systems by navigating to Administration → System → Updates, or by request to Netreo Support. Please contact Netreo Support if you would like your OmniCenter server updated or if you have any questions about this release.